December 11, 2003
Ho Ho Ho... X'mas is just round the corner yeah. And my dear friend, Kyn, has a very special request from me. And hence, I am here, at 4.25 in the morning, 3 hours before I have to leave for Kuala Lumpur. And where is Kyn? She's fallen asleep, finally, in my bedroom. So, Kyn, here you go! A very special edition of my blog just for you (and how you were really the star today at Carnegies)!
We, meaning Apple, Kyn, Wenn and myself, went Ladies Night at Carnegies today. The choice of venue was mine cos I like the (free) champagne and their music (and that's all I ask for to have a good party night).
Kyn looked really cool and stylo today, what with the chic hat. But 'stylo' must be an understatement for what was to follow after 5, or was it 6, glasses of champagne.
She was totally high~~~ like the sky's so high that kinda high~! And the most amusing thing was that she could still dance quite well and stylo-ly even when she's really quite un-sober. So, we didn't really care cos if a person can be so stylo even when she's drunk, maybe it's not a cause for concern.
Next thing we know, we had to almost drag her outta the place. Not without some weird stares from the Ang Mohs.
Yesh, my dear, I don't know if you know anything from this point onwards, but you were really quite drunk. You were walking round and round where we were seated outside. Look, we tried to keep you seated. But, you really didn't like to be. So, you kept walking round us. And what did we do then? We let you. And a few times, you fell and were basically lying in the middle of the walk path. And what did we do then? We let you, still. haha... Really, you were quite a sight. But what did we do? We let you be. haha
There were some nice caucasians who came by and wanted to help you up. But what did we do? Apple said, 'No, she's fine. You guyz go ahead. It's okay'. I said, 'ya, it's fine. We just let her be.' Wendy, too, said, 'it's okay.' Aren't we the greatest of your friends? haha...
But in the end, wenn and I really didn't quite think you like waking up to finding yourself in the mid of the pathway, being something like an exhibit that the ang mohs show interest at. So, we got you back onto the chair. But you didn't like being seated, for some unknown reasons. So you had to walk round and round again. Until Apple decided to give you what she thought was THE antidote (you know what eh... hee). But alas, it was wishful thinking.
Basically, after that, we tried to get you onto the cab. God bless the taxi uncle who didn't like drive off upon seeing the four of us trying to hail his cab down. Did you know you were in the cab when you were? I suppose so. Else how would you manage to tell Wenn you needed to sit straight? And yesh, Apple will gladly 'inform' you that Wenn practically pushed your head over to her side and that she declared she will never get drunk in Wenn's presense. But, of course, getting Apple drunk was the least of our worry then.
And then, somehow, we reached my house. It's really funny how you still tried very hard to maintain a cool and sober image when it's kinda obvious that I brought home a drunk.
In my bedroom, Kyn began scaring the wits outta Wenn and myself. First, you asked where I am and started pointing towards my fan. Somehow, you see the similarity between my fan and me, I guess. And that's when you made this special request. Went something like, 'Jancy, where are you? Jancy, you gotta write all this down man, in your blog. How this F***ing kynthia got drunk tonight.. F*** man...' And how can I reject such sincere request? haha
Apple, she went into a state of euphoria while at my house. It was a sharp sharp contrast to her depression outside Carnegies. She started laughing a lot. Child like laughter. Can you imagine how Wenn and I just looked at each other, mix of shock and amazement in our eyes, and then Kyn sorta 'diagnosed' herself as suffering from alcohol poisoning. We tried to give her some sugar loaded beverage (like, Coke plus honey plus iced water.. Ugh! haha.. that's Wenn's concoction). Surprise, surprise! She can actually tell what she's being fed!
Now, I didn't know there is such thing called alcohol poisoning until today. So, it must be really quite an eye-oepner for me. But, it was getting scary. Cos Kyn started bursting out into cackles! And she refused to just lie down on the mattress that we prepared for her. She kept fidgeting and laughing.
Thank God for technology and information at a click away. My net search for alcohol poisoning put her in the clear for calling 995.
Erm, Kyn, the smelly thing you said we fed you was actually lemon pieces. hee... Cos my Mum suggested trying that, you see. And we think... Why not? haha... But you didn't make it easy for Wenn to pop that into your mouth. She only managed when you started opening your mouth big to laugh.
It has been a night of revelations. We never knew a drunk can get so high and so depressed and euphoric within a span of an hour. You're the star, baby!
And you were absolutely vain throughout! Finally, I found myself a match. haha...
Next time you've problems or some sorrow, remember drowning sorrows in alcohol will demand a high price to pay. Talk to us over some good coffee (and tea) would be a wiser option. *wink
Now that you are sound asleep in my bedroom and Wenn's watching over you, and I'm here typing... suddenly thought of a part of a song that will be apt for you and your fear (and regret) of tarnishing your image just now.
I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
Really, but in the end, it doesn't matter. Even though we will remember tonight well and occasionally will remind you of how amazing you were. Even though Apple is gonna 'suan' you about this till you're 84 years old. Even though Wenn said she's gonna tell Amy tomorrow. Even though I have just made known to the whole world how you were the star of tonight. Even though, even though. But in the end, it doesn't even matter.
oh! lastly, the one about your fellow NTU student bumping into you when you were in a sorry state was crap. No one you know bumped into you, and no one you don't know dared bump into you just now. haha...
Stay cool, man! and... MERRIEST OF X'MAS! Ho Ho Ho!
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 05:12